How to make stuffed aubergines
Who does not fancy a good stuffed aubergines cooked in the oven and very warm? As we know that most of us do, and much, then we are going to prepare them step by step.
Aubergines can be made stuffed with any ingredient you want, but no doubt that these, with beef, are among the most popular.
Below you have other filling options for aubergines.
Aubergine recipe filled with baked meat
It's true that like any food baked, this eggplant recipe takes time for cooking. However, it is an easy recipe, a guaranteed success of home cooking and a simple idea to apply for those who have no idea how to cook aubergines.
Recipe of stuffed aubergines in the oven
Once the eggplant halves have been cut, we will make small cuts in crosses or grid over the pulp at the center of each half. We will cut them in the style of those we make on the zucchini in our recipe of stuffed zucchini. We will do this with the point of a knife.
Done. We already have our aubergines stuffed with meat.
Stuffed aubergines: tips
- You can prepare this same recipe with ground pork, instead of ground beef. In fact, for me it is really difficult to decide which of the two meats the result is better.
- If the ground meat for the filling releases a lot of juice at the time of cooking in a pan, it is advisable to drain it before Fill the aubergine halves. If you leave the meat with a lot of liquid, you will only get the dish to become watery in the oven.
- If you happen to have some beef broth in your refrigerator or, failing that, vegetable broth, take advantage of it to add a couple of tablespoons to the filling when you start cooking. It is not about turning the filling into something broth, because in principle the liquid should evaporate with the heat. It's about that this broth will bring a lot of flavor to your preparation.
Aubergines stuffed with béchamel sauce
There are many versions of this recipe, and eggplant stuffed with meat and béchamel sauce is one of them.
To prepare that version, use our béchamel sauce recipe. After having your sauce, add it to fill the aubergines and put them in the oven for the second time.
In this case, you will not need the same amount of cheese as for the basic recipe. In fact, you could grill the aubergines only with the Parmesan cheese. Of course, if you are a lost lover of cheese, then, I leave the decision to remove the mozzarella to your consideration.
Another addition that reinforces the flavor of this version of the recipe, is a tomato chopped in cubes, to incorporate with the red pepper for cooking the meat of the stuffing.
Other stuffed eggplant recipes
While surfing the Internet, I found more sympathetic variations of the stuffed aubergines recipe, for if you want to change the preparation for cooking another day.
Here is a small list:
- Aubergines stuffed with quinoa : quinoa It's fashionable and it's very healthy. Recipe here.
- Stuffed Eggplant Cups : a creative way to fill eggplants. Recipe
- Aubergines stuffed with tuna : after meat, these are a favorite of all. Look at the recipe here.
- Aubergines stuffed with cheese : the cheese filling version is a delight, simple to make. Recipe.
- Aubergines stuffed with vegetables and basil : ideal for those who do not eat meat, simple and delicious. The recipe here.
- Or eggplant stuffed with chicken : the version with chicken could not be absent.